The eZ Life

Blog Reflection

Have you learned new online programmes for showing off work?

I have used Prezi as an alternative to Microsoft PowerPoint to complete some of the tasks given to me. At first I didn't like using Prezi as I found the process of creating them very monotonous. I became more comfortable with the features after using it a couple of times, and despite still disliking it, I am now able to create Prezi's efficiently. I have also used SlideShare on a few occasions to upload PowerPoints that I have made onto my blog and offer an alternative method of viewing the PowerPoint to make it more interesting.

What mark out of 20 is it so far?

I think my blog would get 18/20 at the moment. I personally think it  looks impressive, it is organised and I have managed to keep my blog up to date. To improve my blog and then gain maximum marks I need to keep the level of quality high and keep blog posts consistent.

Where could you be more thorough or a little less complacent? 

In some of the evaluation tasks such as the film opening evaluation I think I need to stay consistent in length in comparison to some of the other posts which I have done. I think I just need to keep the posts flowing and keep the work ethic up.

Is it fun to look at?

I always look to use interesting images and either PowerPoint or Prezi presentations when possible to make the blog less textual. I also think that by using diverse methods of presenting my ideas, I have improved my blog and have made it more interesting to explore.

Three targets to improve my blog:

  • Stay consistent with posts
  • Use every part of D.I.S.T.I.N.C.T in my Genre task
  • Use more technical terms in my posts